- 250ml vegan milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 25g corn starch
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp caster sugar for the topping
Other tools needed:
- Combine all créme ingredients and blend well in a blender.
- Pour into a pan, heat up and stir continuously until it turns into a thick creme.
- While the creme is still warm spoon into ramekins (if it cools down it will become lumpy).
- Make sure you even out the surface of the creme so you get a flat surface.
- Let cool and set in the fridge for 1 hour (or 30 min in the freezer).
- Take out and add 1 tsp of caster sugar on top of the creme. Repeat with the other ramekin.
- Again, make sure you get a flat surface.
- Caramelise the sugar with a blow torch.
- Let them cool down so the caramelised sugar hardens.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from Exceedingly Vegan