If the way to the heart is truly through the belly, this simple, warm dish is going to win you life-long friends this Christmas.
Prep & cook time: 1 hour
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of organic black beans (we used Mr. Organic)
- 2-3 radicchio leaves
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, chopped roughly in half or quarters
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp of hemp seeds (we used Of the Earth Superfood)
- 3-4 tbsp of plain soya yoghurt
- 2 tbsp of coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil (we used Belazu)
- Salt, black pepper and paprika to taste
- Optional: chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 120C. Lay the sweet potatoes on a tray and brush them liberally with extra virgin olive oil. With a knife or fork, prick them a few times so they can release steam while they're cooking. Put them into the oven to bake - a 2-3 inch long sweet potato should take around 45 minutes to bake.
- While the potatoes are baking, get started on your dressing. In a bowl, mix soya yoghurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and chopped coriander together thoroughly. Pop your dressing in the fridge for later.
- In a medium pan, cook half of your diced onions over low heat. Reserve the other half.
- When the onions are golden, add black beans and continue stirring.
- Season your onion and beans mixture with some salt, pepper and paprika to add some flavour. You can add chilli flakes too for a bit of zing!
- Take the bean mix off the heat, add your chopped red onion and stir through.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven. Slice them open lengthways down the middle (but not all the way through to the bottom) and spread them open.
- Spoon in your bean mixture. Top them off with sliced avocado, chopped cherry tomatoes, radicchio leaves and a sprinkle of hemp seeds. Finally, drizzle your yoghurt salsa over the top.
- Eat and enjoy!
Recipe from Wave