We're working for a world where people can flourish and prosper free from the threat of climate change. Come and help build it.
Head of Fundraising
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Location: Camden Town, north London
Hours: Full time (would consider part time)
Application deadline: 1pm, Tuesday 31st October
We’re on the way to a cleaner, cleverer, low-carbon world, and everyone deserves a chance to help build it. 10:10 creates these opportunities, and brings people together to make the most of them. We take a collective approach, turning individual actions at a local level into a force for bigger changes. So we dream up projects, build tools and spread success stories to make sure these people have the help and inspiration they need to keep going further.
As an organisation we’re committed to our culture. Organisational culture away days keep our values and principles alive and we work together to keep our team as supported, empowered and cared for as possible. In addition we operate with a flat management team (instead of a CEO) and try to reduce hierarchy wherever we can.
About the role
You will be responsible for implementing the annual fundraising strategy and contributing to the development of future plans. You will be in charge of maximising income from a range of different sources. To do this you will have lots of fundraising experience, particularly with trusts and foundations and high net worth individuals. A budget is available for you to work with consultants in developing other areas of income.
You will also need some understanding of climate change issues and the challenges of fundraising in this context.
- Implementing the annual fundraising strategy and contributing to the development of future plans.
- Identifying, scoping and developing new funding opportunities in line with the fundraising strategy.
- Continually researching opportunities and building the fundraising pipeline to ensure fundraising activity can be planned in advance.
- Maximising income from a range of different sources including trusts, individuals (mass market and major donors) and corporates and auditing opportunities for Lottery funding.
- Making approaches to new funders (or re-approaching existing funders), including written funding applications, in person presentations and pitches, and cultivation meetings.
- Managing relationships with existing donors, ensuring appropriate and timely reporting and cultivation to maximise fundraising potential and retention and ensuring updates, annual meetings, thank-yous and records are kept up to date.
- Expanding our donor-base through digital marketing, our own events, and through meetings with possible funders across corporate, major donor and trust income streams.
- Working with colleagues to ensure that relevant records are kept up-to-date and well documented.
- Working with other staff to coordinate their delivery of reporting requirements and event attendance for funders.
- Overseeing delivery of individual giving strategy.
- Managing fundraising expenditure.
- Keeping up to date and complying with fundraising, data protection and other relevant legislation and standards.
- Being the main point of contact for all funders.
- This role currently line manages one member of staff. Line management of additional fundraising staff and contractors as and when these are required.
Governance and Board
- Reporting, along with the Director of Finance, to the Finance & Fundraising subcommittee on progress against the fundraising strategy.
- Signposting appropriate event/PR opportunities where relevant.
Skills and attributes
- Lots of fundraising experience including at least two or three of the following: working with high-net-worth individuals to secure large donations, obtaining funds from trusts and foundations, overseeing lottery applications, digital marketing to obtain regular donations from individuals.
- Some understanding of climate change issues and the challenges of fundraising in this context
- Confidence asking for money.
- A knack for spotting new opportunities and opening up new channels.
- A lively, conversational writing style, and the ability to make sense of complex ideas for a general audience.
- An understanding of audience and/or supporter strategies and journeys.
- Good networker and speaker, comfortable enthusing people in lots of different settings.
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM system.
Definitely won’t hurt
- Experience of statutory and corporate fundraising.
- A passion for something! 10:10 team-members are into all sorts - running, walking, kayaking, baking massive cakes, knitting really complex lace, rock climbing, tree climbing, maps (any kind of map), talking to anyone and everyone about their sausage dog, learning new languages, and even mudlarking. We’d love to hear what you’d like to add to the mix.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to us by 1pm on Tuesday 31st October preferably as two separate attachments to email@example.com. You will need to be available for interview in the week commencing 6th November, and if successful for a 2nd interview in the week commencing 13th November.
We would also appreciate it if you could complete an equal opportunities monitoring form. This will be stored separately to your application and is purely to help 10:10 assess and improve our recruitment processes.
If you have any questions about the role, or your suitability, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by calling 0207 388 6688 and asking to chat to Helen Stack.
10:10 is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of their background. We value diversity whilst also acknowledging that people from certain backgrounds are underrepresented in our organisation. We are keen to correct this, so particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic people; people who identify as having a disability; people from the LGBT+ community; and people who identify as working class (or have done in the past). If you don’t feel confident enough to apply, please get in touch with us for a chat – we’d love to talk to you!
Guidance for applicants
Applying for a job at 10:10? Here's what we'd love to see in your application.
25 days paid holiday
(+ bank holidays and three days at Christmas)
Paid volunteering leave
Bike to work scheme
Good maternity and paternity leave
Employer pension contribution
We are a London Living Wage employer
The 10:10 office
Our values are the big things we think are most important. These shape our principles which in turn shape our organisational culture. Read our full list of values.
Trust and respect
Caring and kindness